Beautiful images of our natural world are captured through the camera lenses of many of our Albany ADK members. Presenting these photographs at the annual banquet has been a long tradition showing your friends and chapter members beautiful highlights commemorating many of our outdoor adventures. For the contest, we invite you to submit your photos in any of the following four categories:
- Scenic Nature
- People Outdoors
- Wildflowers or Fungi
The winners in each of the four categories will be chosen by an impartial judge(s). Each winner will receive one of the following prizes.
- First Place: $50
- Second Place: $25 gift certificate
- Third Place: $15 gift certificate
How to Enter
You may submit up to three photographs in each of the four categories, with a maximum of 3 pictures in each category (total of 12 photos for the contest). Only digital photos may be submitted. Please use the following convention when submitting your photograph:
lastname_#.jpg where # corresponds to the number of your submission (valued from 1 to 12). Please use JPEG file format and limit the file size to 5 megabytes.
To submit digital photos, email your submissions to one of the emails keyed to each of the four categories. Either click on the link if your default email is set up to do this or copy and paste the address into your email “send” window.
You must include the following information in the body of your email:
!!! Please note the 2019 Photo Contest is now closed !!!
- Your name and contact information including email, phone number, and address
- Your ADK member ID #
- Include location information for the photo.
- Optional: a title or caption.
Prizes will be presented at the Annual Banquet on May 14, 2019. You do not need to be present to receive your award. Photos being submitted must be taken in the Northeast. We want ADK members to be able to visit and enjoy the general areas where the photos are taken.
- The contest is open only to current Albany Chapter ADK members who are amateur photographers. Re-submissions of winning photographs from previous years’ contests are ineligible.
- By submitting a photo to the contest, you grant the Albany Chapter of ADK non-exclusive, royalty-free rights for unlimited reproduction in print and electronic publications and promotional materials for an unlimited period of time. The photos may be posted on the Chapter website at http://albany.adk.org and will be shown in slideshow presentations by ADK at the banquet and at promotional events. We will provide photo credit if we publish your image in print.
- You may submit up to three photos in each of the four categories for a total of 12 photos. The maximum number of prizes one entrant can receive is two.
- Submit digital photos to the appropriate email set up for each category.
- Entrants must not submit images that involve the willful harassment or harm of wildlife, damage to the environment, offensiveness or infringement on the rights or dignity of any individual.
- The contestant is responsible for obtaining consent of anyone who appears in a photograph. Specifically, by entering, participants agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Adirondack Mountain Club (ADK), the Albany Chapter of ADK, its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and representatives, from any and all third party liability for any injuries, loss, claim, action, demand or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the competition (collectively, “Losses”), including without limitation any third party claim for copyright infringement or a violation of an individual’s right to privacy and/or publicity right.
- All works must be original and have been created within the last two years.
- All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared when photographed. Photos should not be substantially digitally altered, contain superimposed images or engineered beyond standard optimization such as removal of dust, cropping, adjustments to color and contrast.
- All digital entries must be received by 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time, on Friday April 12, 2019.